Uber Accident Lawyer Arizona
Car Accidents Involving Uber, Lyft, And Other Rideshare Services
Ridesharing services such Uber and Lyft are commonly used services by countless Arizonans, appreciated for their quick and convenient nature that gets people to their destination without the hassle of using their private vehicles. By the drop of a location pin, you can summon an Uber or Lyft ride and this is especially helpful when you’re going out drinking or to a place where there may not be convenient parking. Now although these services are in such popular use among the public, they are not checked with stringent regulations or specific laws to ensure passenger safety.
If you or a loved one is involved in a car accident with an Uber, Lyft or other rideshare cars, the legal procedures and regulations connected to the accident may not be familiar or clear to you, as these services are fairly new in existence. It is important to contact a personal injury lawyer to explore your legal options and know what settlements you are entitled to. Our rideshare accident lawyers at needaninjurylawyerarizona.com are experts at building powerful cases on your behalf to ensure maximum financial compensation by constructing evidence-based claims, impactful statistic and facts-inclusive arguments and skillful, effective negotiations.
Insurance Issues And Coverage In Rideshare Services
Uber and Lyft take significant measures to ensure their drivers are safe, responsible operators, such as checking driving history and sending company representatives to driving tests before recruiting their drivers. But this is still not enough to ensure complete and comprehensive safety.
- Uber provides all its drivers an insurance liability coverage of $1 million, which kicks in as soon as the ride starts. Both Uber and Lyft have the same policy, but Lyft does not apply this coverage to the state of New York.
- If the accident occurs when the driver is not on rideshare app and the service is off, then Uber and Lyft are not liable for the injuries. The driver’s personal auto-insurance company will be held liable for compensation.
- If the accident occurs when the driver is using the rideshare app, then both Uber coverage and the driver’s personal insurance apply.
- These insurance policies apply to you regardless of your role, as in, you can be a passenger in the car providing the rideshare service or another driver or pedestrian injured by the Uber or Lyft driver. You can receive compensation from both the rideshare company insurance coverage and the accused driver’s personal insurance policy.
Damages You Can Claim
You may be entitled to compensation for financial and noneconomic damages including –
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Loss of pay
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of future earning capacity
You can get more information about rideshare accident claims and your rights by contacting our expert rideshare accident lawyers who have extensive experience dealing with many such cases to offer personalized and effective legal solutions tailored to your needs. We will carefully investigate your case and find the best course of action to take, which safeguards your interests and delivers maximum financial compensation to you and your family. Get in touch with us now, our lawyers are available at your convenience.